Executive (Fundraising) Director, Santa BarbaraCompany: American Heart Association
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an exciting job opportunity for an Executive (Fundraising) Director for the Central Coast Division, based in Santa Barbara and covering the Central Coast and Northern Central Coast territory. As the Executive Director, you are responsible for advancing the mission of the American Heart Association ensuring the division fundraising (revenue) goal of $1.275M is achieved; identifying, recruiting, managing and engaging high level volunteers in the medical and corporate field; supervising and coaching specialized and administrative staff to success; and driving toward Affiliate revenue and health impact goals in a collaborative manner.
Essential Job Duties:
- Leads, develops and implements a comprehensive strategic plan, including a robust development strategy to produce aggressive growth in revenue with the expectation that fundraising goals are met and exceeded on a sustainable basis primarily through a combination of special events, corporate sponsorship and individual giving.
- Drives the ongoing process for the identification, recruitment, orientation, training and retention of medical and non-medical volunteer leadership, including a countywide Board of Directors, with community influence and personal affluence to raise revenue and support mission integration
- Supervises and coaches staff in a trusting, team-oriented climate in which communication is open, best practices and established guidelines are followed and interdependent collaboration is actively promoted, fostered and recognized for success.
- Personally develops and cultivates partnerships with key organization and philanthropic individuals to maximize the AHA’s visibility, impact and financial resources
- Responsible for overall operations of the division, control of cost center budget and implementation of AHA and Affiliate policies and standards. Maintains a Culture of Accountability.
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a comparable non-profit or sales organization
- 5+ years of experience recruiting, engaging and activating executive level corporate and medical volunteers
- 5+ years of staff management experience
- Demonstrated track record in setting and achieving aggressive fundraising (sales) goals on sustainable basis
- Ability to credibly establish and executive a strategic plan across functional areas and disciplines in a complex and highly dynamic environment, effectively translating strategies to measurable goals and plans
- Proven ability to think strategically, analyze market data, identify key trends and have participated in the strategy development and execution of initiatives to achieve fundraising and operational goals
- Strong interpersonal, time management, communication (written and oral) skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability including skills in budgeting, management and group dynamics
- Ability and willingness to travel and to work evenings and weekends as needed. (10+ FTF meetings on average per week)
Here are some of the preferred experience/skills we are looking for:
- Experience with the American Heart Association or similar non-profit experience
- Successful fundraising experience including large cash sponsorships
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
So are you ready to work for the largest voluntary health organization dedicated to fighting heart disease, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases? Click Here to submit your online application, which is a requirement of our recruitment process. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled