Donor Relations ManagerCompany: Scholarship Foundation of Santa Barbara
Date Posted: February 10, 2017
Under the supervision of the Director of Development, the Donor Relations Manager will be responsible for supporting the growth of individual donor contributions to the Scholarship Foundation of Santa Barbara by designing and implementing the Scholarship Foundation’s annual and mid-level donor programs, including identifying, cultivating and soliciting donors. Candidate must be a motivated self-starter and take initiative to move projects ahead and accomplish tasks. This position will be responsible for developing mail campaigns and content for various print materials, generating donor reports, creating email campaigns, and conducting phone calls with donors. This position also requires coordination of meetings, programs and other elements designed to enhance positive relations with all donors. The Donor Relations Manager will work across departments to best represent the organization.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required for this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed. The primary duties are to:
- Grow annual and mid-level donor programs focused on, but not limited to, individual donors who give up to $5,000 annually, with a focus on moving donors up the giving pyramid.
- Manage the Annual Scholarship Fund program.
- Research and analyze donor and financial data to help inform the development of integrated cultivation and stewardship strategies.
- Manage the execution of the donor cultivation and stewardship program, including lapsed donor mailings, recaptured donor mailings, and donor reports.
- Develop the tactics and content of the Scholarship Foundation’s online and offline fundraising programs and appeals and manage their execution.
- Develop donor appreciation events and activities.
- Manage donor societies and the promotion of employee, individual and community giving programs.
- Work closely with the Director of Development to create strategies to acquire new donors.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive donor communications.
- 3-5 years of successful development and fundraising experience.
- A demonstrated track record of growing individual donor programs.
- A demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong donor relationships.
- Outstanding social skills, instincts, discretion, judgment and strong professional ethics.
- Ability to work independently under deadlines, without close supervision; self-direction in the initiation, coordination and completion of tasks.
- Acute attention to detail is essential.
- The ability to establish a cooperative working relationship with staff; the ability to work as a member of a team, and to support the Development Office structure, obtaining approvals and coordinating as needed.
- The ability to handle problems as they occur and follow through on all aspects of the position.
- Knowledge of office, fundraising, and productivity software sufficient to function smoothly in a highly technology-based environment (including but not limited to word processing, spreadsheet, database, email, and Internet applications).
- High level of initiative, creativity and energy.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university
FOR CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE SUBMIT:
• Salary history & requirements
• Three relevant writing samples (e.g. appeal letters, donor reports, proposals)
The Scholarship Foundation of Santa Barbara