Development Specialist (Full Time)Company: Dignity Health
Date Posted: June 30, 2017
About Dignity Health
Dignity Health, one of the nation’s five largest health care systems, is a 21-state network of nearly 9,000 physicians, 55,000 employees, and more than 380 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In 2013, Dignity Health provided nearly $1.7 billion in charitable care and services. For more information, please visit our website at www.dignityhealth.org. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
About Marian Regional Medical Center:
Marian Regional Medical Center, located in Santa Maria, CA, is nationally ranked among the top 10% in the nation for safety core measures in Cardiac Services and has the only comprehensive Cancer treatment and resource program from Los Angeles to San Francisco. In April 2012, Marian opened its doors to a brand new state-of-the-art facility which houses the latest technology to support excellent physicians and caregivers who deliver compassionate care each and every day. Marian’s new hospital includes 191 beds, expanded and enhanced Emergency Department, Critical Care Unit, NICU and women’s services.
Marian is a Dignity Health member of the Central Coast, which also includes Arroyo Grande Community Hospital in Arroyo Grande, CA and French Hospital Medical Center in San Luis Obispo, CA. Dignity Health of the Central Coast is recognized for the highest quality hospitals, physicians from the top medical schools in the country, primary care offices to ensure access for all patients, premier ambulatory surgery centers, technologically advanced imaging centers, outpatient services and a comprehensive home health service; all recognized for quality, safety and service. Each hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to provide additional funding to support new programs and services, as well as to advance the community’s access to health care.
About This Position
In collaboration with the Vice President of Philanthropy, the Development Specialist provides overall coordination for the Marian Foundation program of fundraising events, completes gift entry data processing and related functions, and provides administrative support for office operations. As staff coordinator for the program of strategic fundraising events, is responsible for achieving budgeted revenue outcomes and strategic event goals. Completes data entry, banking, acknowledgment communications and associated reporting for charitable donations. Provides collaborative administrative and clerical functions in support of office operations.
- Event coordination experience required.
- Event coordination experience in nonprofit, hospital or fund development office setting is preferred.
- Experience in donor data entry, preferably in a health care fund development setting.
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in an administrative support role required.
- Associates Degree required.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft office applications required.
- College course work in business, accounting, or computer science desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinker who can work independently to solve problems.
- Can work well in an environment of multiple project priorities to achieve desired outcomes.