Director of Marketing and CommunicationsCompany: Scholarship Foundation of Santa Barbara
Date Posted: July 21, 2017
- Develop and manage public relations and marketing plans and materials in support of the foundation’s current strategic plan. Ensure that strategic communication goals are met in cooperation with each department in a timely manner.
- Develop communication strategy and plan for each of the foundation’s audiences in conjunction with other staff.
- Seek out, initiate, and leverage opportunities to market the organization through multiple channels (earned and purchased media, social media, events, and creative collaboration).
- Create and implement consistent branding, integrating all aspects of the foundation’s publications, website, events, and other means of communications in accordance with the organizations vision, mission and strategy.
- Write, edit, and direct the production and distribution of the foundation’s publications including the annual report, email marketing, brochures, student program materials, event collateral, and other collateral pieces.
- Cultivate and manage vendors and consultants used for graphic design, printing, and mailing.
- Manage the foundation website. This includes directing the vision and scope of the website, making sure content is current and relevant and managing content authors.
- Maintain and manage all social media avenues and outreach. This includes the production and development of content for such social media outlets as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Work with CEO on special projects, reports, speech writing, and communications strategies as required.
10. Maintain strong relationships with local and regional media partners.
11. Working with Director of Programs & Evaluation and the COO, manage interns/contract writers for bio writing; proofread and edit as necessary.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in developing and implementing strategic branding, communication and marketing plans to diverse audiences.
- Experience with production of collateral materials; both electronic and print.
- Experience developing and managing program budgets.
- Strong public relations experience, working with trade, print, TV and radio media outlets.
- Experience in website content management and social media strategy.
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner across multiple departments.
- Strong oral and written communications.
- Strong computer literacy in a wide range of applications, ideally to include Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
10. Experience managing staff and/or providing team leadership.
11. Experience working with a foundation and/or philanthropic organization is preferred.
12. Bilingual (written and spoken) in Spanish preferred.
13. Bachelor’s degree required and advanced degree preferred.
FOR CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE SUBMIT:
- Cover letter
- Salary history & requirements
- Three relevant writing samples (include one press release and one blog post)
No telephone calls please.