Director of DevelopmentCompany: African Women Rising
Date Posted: November 6, 2017
African Women Rising
Seeking a Director of Development:
Vibrant international nonprofit working to educate and empower women in Africa is seeking an energetic and knowledgeable Director of Development to implement AWR’s fund-raising plans and initiatives and conduct day-to-day administrative tasks in support of the Executive Director.
We seek an individual who can share and promote our mission and programs with our constituency, made up of individual and corporate donors, Foundations, volunteers, community members, international partners and staff.
About the position:
You will work with our Executive Director, Board members and supporters to build and expand our ability to help thousands of women & girls in Uganda to become self-sufficient:
- In a joint effort with management and the Board of Directors, develop and implement a fundraising plan with annual dollar goals, objectives, and strategies to identify, cultivate, and solicit individual, corporate and foundation gifts required to fund operating programs, capital and endowment needs.
- Manage communications between prospects and AWR. Build relationships with donor prospects; Solicit donations from a wide range of donor prospects and design an effective donor stewardship program.
- Coordinate and support Major Gift solicitations conducted by the Executive Director and Board members.
- Design and Implement social media programs to reach out to new audiences to expand donor base.
- Develop, manage, and execute special events and the identification, and cultivation and solicitation of sponsorships.
- Maintain a donor database and implement gift acceptance and donor recognition policies.
- Manage administrative systems and procedures to track, record, report, acknowledge, and recognize contributions and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all fundraising communications.
- Work with director to support board of directors meetings by producing and distributing board packages, meeting settings & communications.
- Work with outside PR and Marketing agency to develop, update and maintain communications & development materials on digital and traditional media.
- Produce reports on progress of development prospects, pipeline, and revenue projections. Position has P&L responsibility.
- Conduct outreach to local, national, and international organizations to develop prospects, create connections, contacts, speaking engagements and partners for long-term relationships with AWR.
- Successful fundraising experience in a comparable non-profit, corporate or foundation development setting. Major gift fund-development experience highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience managing all aspects of special events.
- Undergraduate degree preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Self-confident, adaptable and able to work collaboratively with and garner the respect of the Board of Directors, staff, a variety of committee leaders, volunteers and donors.
- Knowledge of fundraising software and database functions a plus.
- Proficiency in all MS Office applications including Word and Excel a must, web page management proficiency helpful.
If interested, email your resume along with a cover letter introducing yourself and your abilities, along with salary requirements. FT/PT considered depending upon applicant.
Mail to: Ton@africanwomenrising.org