Development DirectorCompany: Livingston Memorial VNA
Date Posted: November 15, 2017
This position has the primary responsibility for managing and implementing the organization’s annual fundraising plan generated as part of the strategic plan. This includes all aspects of a comprehensive grant program, community newsletter, special events, memorial gifts, Planned Giving Program, as well as other direct mail and fundraising activities. This position shall also assist with public relations and donor cultivation for major gifts. This person will work closely with the Board of Directors, the Fundraising Committee of the Board, the President/CEO, the Vice President/CFO, and agency volunteers to enhance and support the overall mission of the organization and to ensure that ample unrestricted and program funds are generated. This position has primary responsibility for the development and maintenance of donor and prospect lists in the agency’s designated software program
Essential Job Functions:
- In coordination with senior management, develops and implements a comprehensive annual fundraising plan and budget for the strategic planning process that supports the agency’s mission, operations, and current as well as new programs; monitors and reports on accomplishments of fundraising goals set in the plan/budget.
- Implements a Planned Giving Program that builds capacity for bequests, trusts, and other estate planning vehicles.
- Assists in creation of printed materials to generate interest and support of existing and new programs.
- Responsible for newsletter writing and publication of documents that include fundraising brochures and letters of acknowledgement.
- Coordinates arrangements for all special events at a minimum of 2 – 4 times per year.
- Oversees administration of all donor mailing lists and donor recognition and account of records including the agency’s website content.
- Creates agenda for the Fundraising Committee meetings, and any other fundraising arm of the Board of Directors’, for development and implementation of the agency’s strategic plan.
- Assists in the development of specific strategies for target markets.
- Participates in the local Planned Giving Council and other professional organizations to stay current in the field of fundraising.
- Assists with public relations and media to enhance the agency’s visibility and mission in the community.
- Responsible for coordination of grant funding for mission and programs.
- Schedules ongoing presentations to community groups as part of the fundraising plan.
- Works in close partnership with the President/CEO, Vice President/CFO and designated Board members on fund development efforts.
- Supervises fundraising staff members as well as volunteers involved in the efforts of the agency’s development.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum BS Degree in Business or related field.
- A minimum of five years experience in fundraising; i.e., community-based annual fund-raising programs, donor cultivation (individual, corporate and foundation), marketing, public relations, grant writing, and nonprofit management.
- Highly proficient communication skills (writing and verbal) in English as well as various computer software skills (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, donor databases, etc.)