Director of Development - Nuclear Age Peace FoundationCompany: Nuclear Age Peace Foundation
Date Posted: November 27, 2017
NUCLEAR AGE PEACE FOUNDATION
Committed to a world free of nuclear weapons
Start Date: December/January
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Hours per week: Full-time
We need a hands-on and seasoned fundraiser to jump in and be a dynamic part of the NAPF team. Ideally you come with demonstrated expertise in development and write compelling case statements in your sleep.
- A self-starter with a fully equipped toolbox.
- A conceptual, strategic, responsible, organized and resourceful multi-tasker who always meets deadlines and exceeds goals.
- A wordsmith who writes like the wind.
- A quick study. You ask the right questions. You’re eager to pitch in.
- A skilled diplomat. People like talking with you. You’re persuasive and a great listener.
- A problem-solver who thrives on challenges.
- A person who rolls with the punches.
- A team player who looks after your colleagues and they do the same for you.
- Kind, respectful, patient and fun to be around.
- Committed to NAPF’s mission, goals and core values.
- The Nuclear Age Peace Foundation, founded in 1982.
- A non-profit that educates and advocates for a peace and a world free of nuclear weapons, and empowers peace leaders.
- Shameless idealists living our values every day in an environment of mutual respect and trust.
- Made up of individuals and organizations worldwide who realize the imperative for peace in the Nuclear Age.
- Recognized by the UN as a Peace Messenger Organization.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Develop, implement, manage and evaluate fundraising goals.
- Lead fundraising strategy and support the Advancement Committee to drive NAPF goals.
- Scout prospective funders.
- Facilitate and attend meetings with donors and prospects so everything runs smoothly.
- Write and produce proposals, case statements, gift opportunities, fundraising materials, mail appeals and online campaigns (together with the Communications Director).
- Run all fundraising and educational events.
- Assure the stewardship of donors.
- Team with the Communications Director and help with communication strategy and publications.
- Work in the Donor Perfect database.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
We’d love to meet you.
Please email a résumé, cover letter and two written examples of your fundraising work to firstname.lastname@example.org.