Database CoordinatorCompany: Ventura College Foundation
Date Posted: January 30, 2018
Excellent opportunity for a Database Coordinator with at least 2-3 years of relevant experience, reporting to the Director of Major and Planned Giving and the Development Manager at the Ventura College Foundation. Ideal candidate will be a strong, collaborative, energetic individual with experience working with databases in the fundraising fields. Opportunity for growth within the organization. Flexible work schedule.
For over 30 years, the Ventura College Foundation a (501(c)(3) non-profit) has raised more than $25 million for Ventura College and its students in the form of scholarships, grants and other program support. The Foundation has assets of over $9 million, and receives support from individuals, corporations, foundations, and its Weekend Marketplace operations. The Foundation is governed by a 24-member Board of Directors, and works toward an annual fundraising goal of $1M from annual giving, major giving, and planned giving efforts. Database size is 50K+ records.
The Database Coordinator is responsible for database support and analysis for the annual fund, major and planned gifts, marketing, communications, and event aspects of the fundraising program at the Foundation. The Database Coordinator is part of a high-performing team that together, implements a comprehensive development program of identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding annual, major and planned gift donors and prospects for restricted and unrestricted needs in support of the Foundation’s mission. They will also be key in the implementation and integration of our new database interface, Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Database Management:
- Coordinate all aspects of the database including: posting/acknowledging gifts, updating records, updating actions, generating reports, analyzing data, working with database vendor, updating database policies/procedures manual, implementing all import/export projects, coordinating all data cleansing projects.
- Conducts ongoing review of the current non-Raiser’s Edge data records in Excel and other electronic formats to determine the feasibility of integrating this data into Raiser’s Edge and conducts data mapping from third party systems; specifically, Mobile Cause.
- Control/code table maintenance including managing appeals, funds, campaigns and other system coding.
- Data Support:
- Provide support related to donor lists/reports for events, annual giving campaign, direct mail projects, major donor prospects, and planned giving prospects. Implement all prospect research requests.
- Assist Fundraising staff to identify what data they wish to capture and record on Raisers Edge and assist the Development Manager in determining the best structure.
- Responsible for providing Foundation staff requiring data held on Raiser’s Edge with accurate data required to perform their various duties in a timely and efficient manner, including: Creating, testing and implementing of standard queries which Raiser’s Edge users can run at their discretion; ad-hoc queries to provide accurate data as requested, as well as queries to ensure the integrity of the database.
- Coordinate with Foundation staff to determine data selection requirements for appeals and mailings such as newsletters and tax receipts and to extract the data required.
- Developing MS Excel spreadsheets tools to manipulate data where Raiser's Edge tools are insufficient.
- Interacts with all necessary departments/divisions (particularly Finance and Campus Programs) to analyze and gather report requirements for generating criteria and output.
- Liaises with database users to recommend and assist in the implementation of new and improved processes.
- Oversees the development of the RE Policies and Procedures manual, as well as a training manual, to guide and educate users in order to improve the flow of information, processes for inputting and overall database efficiency.
- Assists the Development Manager to develop/review/ maintain policies and procedures related to database usage, security and confidentiality issues and business operations.
- Ensures Fundraising Staff are aware of the requirements for the effective use of Raiser's Edge when collecting new data, via all data capture media.
- General Development Support:
- Provide general fundraising support for Executive Director, Director of Major/Planned Gifts, Development Manager, and Programs and Event Coordinator. Keep abreast of the fundraising and database fields through appropriate list-serves, blogs, websites, publications, webinars and conferences/seminars, and share with other development staff.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- The purpose of this job description is to provide an overview of the scope of the position. This is not a comprehensive list of duties/responsibilities. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of progressive, successful, and specific experience working in a development department of a non-profit organization.
- Understanding of the development process, preferably in higher education.
- Proficiency and deep experience in using donor/prospect databases (preferably The Raiser’s Edge or NXT). Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Vertical Response (or related email marketing tool).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to explain highly technical concepts and processes clearly to non-technical clients.
- Excellent attention to detail, data entry accuracy, and ability to meet deadlines. Ability to manage multiple complex tasks and/or projects simultaneously while addressing the needs of the office, ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Strong organizational, writing, and analytic skills; ability to develop complex analytical, verbal and graphic documents.
- Ability to work effectively as a team leader as well as independently.
- Professional in demeanor and conduct. Adheres to the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Code of Ethics.
THE FINE PRINT
- Part-time position (15-19 hours a week)
- Salary will be commensurate with experience
- Please email Julie Harvey, Development Manager, (email@example.com) and Gerry Pantoja, Director of Major and Planned Giving, (firstname.lastname@example.org) your application (which will include: cover letter, resume, and three references).
- No calls please, only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
- Web site: www.venturacollege.edu/foundation