KITP Development CoordinatorCompany: UC Santa Barbara
Date Posted: February 26, 2018
Serves as the Development Coordinator for the Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics (KITP) at UC Santa Barbara (UCSB), supporting a complex and multifaceted program in coordination with UCSB's Central Development's Prospect Management, Development Research, Development Communications, and Donor Relations units. Provides leadership for all analytical functions that support strategic goals, initiatives, and projects leading toward increased and sustained philanthropic support for the KITP. The Development Coordinator reports to the KITP Senior Director of Development, and operates as an integral part of the KITP and Development Office staff teams.
Establishes, develops, and maintains comprehensive development and communications systems within the unit in coordination with KITP and Central Development colleagues. Supports the KITP Senior Director of Development in short and long term strategic planning focused on achieving fundraising and aligned communications goals. Proactively plans, organizes and attends donor strategy meetings and coordinates follow-up actions. Prepares materials and reports that analyze the activities, progress and goals of the KITP Development Program. Ensures the consistency, timeliness and accuracy of information disseminated to donors, prospects, and internal constituents.
Responsibilities include conducting high level prospect research, providing analytical reporting to support development efforts and accessing comprehensive information from the development database, Advance, independently and in coordination with Central Development Office. Analyzes and synthesizes data from Advance and other databases for development activities.
Coordinates and prepares development staff, senior administrators, academic and program stakeholders for donor visits, solicitations, and events including assisting in the drafting of donor briefings, proposals and gift letters. Develops, reviews and edits sophisticated donor reports and presentations. Organizes KITP development events in coordination with KITP and central development events staff colleagues. Supports outreach, communication and engagement efforts for Friends of KITP (an annual support group for the KITP) in alignment with KITP development priorities.
Coordinates and creates strategic KITP communications and marketing efforts working closely with the KITP Senior Director of Development, Central Development Communications team and key KITP staff ensuring consistent messaging, branding and social media strategies for the KITP. The Development Coordinator supports strategic web and social media platforms and advises on digital outreach as it relates to a development constituency. Advises on and assists with the production of KITP development marketing materials and case statements, as well as donor outreach and stewardship communications.
Maintains a close and effective working relationship with other aligned development units across campus, facilitating collaborative efforts between teams. Works closely with Donor Relations & Stewardship unit on collaborative projects and related prospect issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong organizational skills, unfailing attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal, grammar, composition and proofreading skills.
- Excellent photography and graphic design skills.
- Outstanding computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Internet, Social Media Platforms, Adobe Suite and other graphic design, video editing, and web development tools along with a demonstrated ability to quickly learn various software programs.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of work.
- Ability to work under tight and shifting deadlines.
- Ability to effectively solve problems and demonstrate sound reasoning and judgment.
- Interest in learning and communicating about theoretical physics is also highly desirable.
Apply online here: