Executive DirectorCompany: Cancer Support Community Valley/Ventura/Santa Barbara
Date Posted: April 16, 2018
Celebrating nearly three decades of providing support, education and hope to people fighting cancer and their families, the Cancer Support Community Valley/Ventura/Santa Barbara (VVSB) located in Westlake Village, California, has an immediate opening for a dynamic and forward-thinking Executive Director.
Cancer Support Community VVSB is an independently governed and funded non-profit organization and an affiliate of the Cancer Support Community. As Executive Director you will be leading a team that serves approximately 3,000 adults, children and teens affected by cancer each year with programs throughout Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties, and the West San Fernando Valley. All programs are provided free of charge. Our mission is to ensure that adults, children and teens impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action, and supported by community. This is an outstanding opportunity for an accomplished, confident, empathetic leader to build upon the success of the past 27 years and expand the organization's footprint and mission delivery.
General Overview/Scope of Executive Director Role & Responsibilities
Creates and executes a comprehensive resource development plan in collaboration with the Development Director and Resource Committee of the Board of Directors to provide effective financial planning and operational budgeting/management to ensure fiscal integrity.
Develops and implements the strategic plan for operations in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
- Fosters a sense of community that ripples throughout all aspects of our service area.
- Builds and executes a robust and dynamic outreach and relationship-building program that attracts, donors, members, volunteers and community involvement.
- Provides broad oversight and general direction to the Development Director, Clinical & Program Director, and Office Manager to support the business activities of the organization in concert with its mission and goals.
- Promotes a collaborative, positive and safe work environment for employees and volunteers.
- Education: Candidates preferable hold an advanced degree such as a Master’s in Business Administration, Nonprofit Management, or Social Work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including effectiveness in public speaking.
- Technology skills to include: Microsoft Office products and database familiarity.
- Five (5) or more years of senior management experience, with a minimum of two years of nonprofit senior management experience.
- Demonstrated /documented success in funds development.
- Skilled at fostering a compassionate, inspiring environment for staff, members and volunteers.
- Demonstrated effective development & mentoring skills to enable staff to grow in their roles.
- Experience with legacy giving programs is a plus.
- Experience managing the grant process is a plus.
- Effective use of both strategic and tactical skills in a variety of situations.
- Cultivating, developing, and working with a board of directors.
- Developing and operationalizing strategies that effective grew an organization.
Must be willing to maintain a flexible work schedule to include evenings and weekends.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Cancer Support Community Valley/Ventura/Santa Barbara is an EEOC employer with a competitive salary and benefit package.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter indicating why you’re interested in the position, and why you believe you’d be a good fit.
To learn more about CSC VVSB please visit https://www.cancersupportvvsb.org