Resource Development ManagerCompany: United Way of Ventura County
Date Posted: April 10, 2017
Position Title: Resource Development Manager
Department: Resource Development
Report To: Vice President, Resource Development & Marketing
Type: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt, Permanent
Date Revised: September 1, 2016
Increase United Way’s revenue by managing corporate relationships and workplace giving. Create and implement Resource Development strategies that recruit, retain and grow corporate and workplace giving donor base; build and grow relationships and implement new and innovative revenue growth strategies. Manage and implement all fundraising functions within assigned portfolio of workforce accounts in order to maximize potential results and reach desired goals. Communicate with, interact with, and support all departments within United Way in order to enhance fundraising and year-round engagement opportunities within the assigned Ventura County area, and to contribute to and demonstrate ownership of the organization’s mission to advance the common good in Ventura County.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
Workplace Giving & Corporate Development Management
- Create, ensure a written strategy for all workplace campaigns and manage annual giving and Local Government campaign plans and timetable, employing a fundraising process that sets goals, and helps to identify volunteer leadership.
- Work with the Vice President of Resource Development to cultivate CEO calls.
- Develop and implement goals, objectives, and strategies for year-round account management, and communications program for assigned accounts and/or region.
- Develop year long relationships with accounts/companies.
- Utilize 25% of your time prospecting new business.
- Provide superior customer service and account management of assigned regional accounts.
- Implement new and innovative revenue growth strategies.
- Effectively manage ANDAR Database System.
- Ensure accurate data and update and maintain all pertinent account information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participate in training opportunities and keep current of all system advancements.
- Design and implement training programs for Campaign Coordinators and design strategies for workforce campaigns.
- Work with Employee Campaign Coordinator at the conclusion of campaign to ensure all information needed is provided; leadership names, envelope completed, corporate gift details, etc.
- Conduct employee campaign meetings and articulate information about the United Way of Ventura County during presentations.
- Prepare, analyze, research, and review data for use in reports, presentations, graphs, etc. for accounts and conduct an annual campaign critique meeting.
- Maintain current knowledge of community political, social and economical factors that may affect the campaign.
- Meet established goals (either dollar amounts or otherwise as defined)
- Continue to explore opportunities to align accounts and investors with UW initiatives of Education, income and Health.
- Assist in the identifying and implementing volunteer opportunities.
- Attend all applicable UW events and various community events to represent UW within the community.
- Stay updated with United Way’s long-range goals, community investment activities, designation policies, and strategic plan.
- Effectively participate, interact and communicate with all the various UW departments for the purpose of creating and supporting a team environment.
- Work with marketing to ensure United Way brand strategy is integrated into campaign plan and execution.
United Way of Ventura County’s social media channels
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, UTube
- Raise the profile on all social media accounts
- Daily and weekly activity updates
- Increase volume
- Manage accounts
Fundraising & Grant Management
- Work with VP, Resource Development to develop and manage Women United budget.
- Work with UWVC Resource Development department to develop and solicit program sponsorships.
- Research and find grant opportunities.
- Write and complete grants.
- Responsible for grant growth per year.
- Other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in non-profit management/business management, communications, business, public policy or related field.
- 5-8 Years of Fundraising Experience (preferably in a non-profit organization).
- Advanced technology skills including database management, Microsoft Office (including Power Point), social media, and preparation of miscellaneous marketing materials; typing at a minimum of 40 wpm.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Excellent social media skills.
- Ability to work effectively and communicate professionally with people from different backgrounds. (i.e., investors, volunteers, board members, community leaders, etc.)
- Strong donor focus and understanding of how to effectively manage ongoing donor relationships.
- Goal oriented team player, with ability to motivate staff and volunteers.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear, taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or moves up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Primarily works in climate controlled office-based setting. Position requires employee to have a vehicle at all times in order to commute to offsite locations to complete business.
- The employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: