Membership and Volunteer CoordinatorCompany: Casa del Herrero
Date Posted: May 15, 2017
- Drive the membership program plan including acquisition, retention, upgrades, and member services and benefits. Manage membership appeals and renewals.
- Assist with the planning and organization of membership events.
- Focus on building the basic membership levels.
- Use the organization’s donor database to track membership information and correspondence.
- Monitor and improve systems to organize and track membership activity, and ensure the timely acknowledgement of membership dues/renewals.
- Report on membership program results.
- Maximize both the number of visitors and the quality of their experience.
- Manage docent program consisting of 30+ engaged docents. Program includes annual docent training, distribution of monthly docent notice, and organization of monthly docent meetings.
- Manage guest tours and visitation. This includes all tour and docent scheduling, and welcoming of Casa visitors.
- Manage scheduling of garden volunteers and coordination of garden volunteer projects.
- Arrange educational visits from schools and/or after-school programs including development of curriculum/activities.
- Assist with Casa events and community activities.
- Report on volunteer and outreach results/statistics.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work weekends and occasional evenings.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team to further the goals of the organization.
- Able to multi-task and manage time to meet deadlines and priorities.
- Competency with CRM/donor database systems such as Donor Perfect, Microsoft Office suite. Also helpful but not required: Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with and understanding of fundraising/nonprofit environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of two years of experience in membership programs, development, and fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, short writing sample, and salary history to Casa del Herrero Executive Director Jessica Tade at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1, 2017.