Chief Development OfficerCompany: Foodbank of Santa Barbara County
Date Posted: May 25, 2017
Foodbank of Santa Barbara County
I. JOB TITLE: Chief Development Officer
Reports to:Chief Executive Officer
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County (FBSBC) is a dynamic organization with a visionary yet achievable goal to end hunger and transform the health of our communities through good nutrition.
Our view of this work is that:
- A food bank can break free of the physical limitation of its warehouse space and leverage food sourcing, storage and distribution to help people in new ways;
- A food bank can exercise leadership over its network of member agencies to solve problems that cannot be solved by one organization alone.
- A food bank can utilize innovative programs and education to empower people to take responsibility for their health through good nutrition;
- A food bank can be a powerful tool for the community leadership where we can help each other and our county to be food secure.
- A food bank can advocate for systemic change to alleviate the underlying pressures that cause poverty and the increased dependence on our services.
- A food bank can become a preventative healthcare organization which moves people out of crisis and in to sustainable health.
II. JOB FUNCTION - Job Description: There is now an opportunity for a Chief Development Officer (CDO) who will coordinate the expansion of our fundraising at the local, State and national levels. This will be to adequately provide sustainable funds and community support to position the Foodbank as the leader in the provision of nutrition-based health education and food access support in Santa Barbara County.
We are looking for a seasoned, strategic, and process minded leader, experienced in developing an innovation and performance culture among a group of fundraising professionals and community volunteers. The CDO must be a leader who takes responsibility for meeting fundraising targets and fostering an environment of philanthropy within the organization.
III. PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages countywide fund development staff; the selection, integration and growth of department to ensure employee productivity and satisfaction.
- Designs, implements and evaluates fund development budgets (income and expense) and activities which support organizational growth and fiscal soundness; combines development resources to achieve the greatest return on investment.
- Crafts and implements fund development plan to attract, retain and motivate resources for the organizational, both financially and in-kind (people, community leadership and food).
- Solicits contributions on behalf of the organization through corporate relationships and a major gift portfolio 50+/-; supports development of foundation and corporate proposals and solicitation materials.
- Oversees design, development and maintenance of Constituent Relationship Management system (Salesforce) to deploy communication strategies, cultivation movement and acknowledgment programs.
- Develops, oversees and evaluates organizational marketing strategy in partnership with either an internal marketing manager or an outside Public Relations company; creates a balanced mix of solicitation methods tailored to the needs of the organization, including campaigns, events, direct mail, online giving, passive giving strategies and planned giving.
- Provides vital input around strategic and operational planning to leadership team and Board; serves as liaison between the organization and Feeding America on fundraising activities.
- Assures accountability with fundraising standards and practices for organizational resources.
- Other duties as assigned or delegated.