Director of Development - SBWCN.ORGCompany: Santa Barbara Wildlife Care Network
Date Posted: June 5, 2017
SBWCN.ORG - OUR WORK
Santa Barbara Wildlife Care Network is a nonprofit organization that rescues & rehabilitates injured or orphaned wildlife, including birds, reptiles and small mammals in Santa Barbara County and beyond.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT - JOB DESCRIPTION
The Director of Development (DOD) is responsible for creating and implementing plans to generate revenue for the Santa Barbara Wildlife Care Network (SBWCN). The DOD will report to the Executive Committee.
The main focus for this position is to identify, cultivate, and secure major gift donors for the organization. In addition, this position is responsible for creating annual giving solicitations, administrative duties such as Board support and training, the planning and coordination of a capital campaign, and to grow this dynamic organization. SBWCN’s annual budget is approximately $375,000.
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES:
- Develop and maintain an annual giving and Capital Campaign calendar.
- Oversee all publicity and public relations efforts.
- Oversee event planning and implementation.
- Oversee all correspondence soliciting or acknowledging gifts.
- Oversee the maintenance and expansion of the existing donor database.
- Implement donor recognition procedures for Campaign gifts.
- Maintain statistics on gifts received and generate reports for the Board.
- Prepare for and conduct fundraising meetings.
- Perform grant writing or schedule and coordinate the work of grant writers.
- Maintain compliance with the campaign and annual fund budgets.
- Design and direct an annual campaign to sustain operations of Santa Barbara Wildlife Care Network.
- Coordinate the Annual Spring Benefit and fall Channel Cat Cruise events, develop new “signature” event(s), and other smaller fundraising events.
- Coordinate newsletters, annual appeal, and direct mail campaigns.
- Coordinate staff and volunteer activities relating to community outreach and education.
- Schedule and oversee applications for and fulfillment of foundation grants for operations/programs.
- Support the President and the Board of Directors in community outreach and education efforts.
- Design and direct an Endowment Campaign.
- Design, plan, and implement a Capital Campaign to complete construction of Rehabilitation Center.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of major gift experience, including raising six figure gifts.
- Proven track record of successfully managing current and prospective benefactors at the leadership level.
- Demonstrated skill at gift negotiation and gift solicitation to engage individual, corporate, and foundation donors toward significant philanthropic outcomes.
- Demonstrated skill in writing professional, clear and compelling proposals and other solicitation materials, acknowledgments, reports, public announcements, and routine business correspondence.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, under deadlines, without close supervision; self-direction in the initiation, coordination and completion of tasks. Acute attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to establish a cooperative working relationship with staff; ability to work as a member of a team.
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENT - WILLING TO WORK FROM REMOTE LOCATION
- The SBWCN at this time does not have the necessary office space on its property to house the DOD function or any support assistant. Applicants must be willing to work from home or an external office space in order to carry out this new function.
CONTACT THE SBWCN BY EMAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org