Grant and Planning SpecialistCompany: Community Action Commission of Santa Barbara County
Date Posted: August 14, 2017
CAC is a private non-profit that provides early childhood education, youth mentoring, healthy meals, home safety and energy conservation services, and utility payment assistance for low-income individuals and families in Santa Barbara County.
- Assists over 12,000 people in Santa Barbara County each year
- Operates 26 Head Start and Early Head Start Centers
- Serves over 500,000 healthy meals to low-income children and seniors each year
- Provides energy services to over 1,000 low-income homes per year
- Helps over 500 children avoid entering the foster care system each year
The Grant and Planning Specialist administers the agency Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) program, with responsibility for monitoring program operations and tracking outcomes for compliance with contract terms. As a member of the agency’s planning and development team, provides support to the grant writing function and participates in various fund development activities.
REQUIRES: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field from four-year college or university; a minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; experience with writing grant proposals. Strong computer skills required. Project management experience is desirable. Valid California Driver's License required. This position is full-time with benefits. AA/EOE