Special Events CoordinatorCompany: United Boys and Girls Clubs of Santa Barbara County
Date Posted: August 29, 2017
Position Title: Special Events Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Executive Office
Posting Date: 08/29/2017
Closing Date: open till filled
Status: Exempt Full Time Position
Pay Range: $50,000-$60,000/yr
Days: Monday-Friday, weekends and late nights required
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life after probationary period
Develop and supervise fund development projects and support all special events; support special events to raise necessary financial resources for the operation of the United Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Barbara County; provide staff support for volunteer committee projects and Board related functions.
- Responsible for event planning and budgeting, venue, vendor contracts negotiation, entertainment management, logistics, lead collection and tracking, staffing/volunteer coordination, AV coordination and all other aspects of event production.
- Assist in planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating resource development projects for all units, including, but not limited to: direct mail campaigns, auctions, golf events, and special events.
- Coordinate planning with event committees on developing ideas, executing logistics, and marketing: PR, signage, communications, advertising, etc.
- Support public relations and marketing needs for United Boys & Girls Clubs
- Assist Marketing and Fund Development Committees of all units as needed.
- Coordinate design and production of marketing and development collateral materials in collaboration with United Staff.
- Supervise and train office support staff in the production of all promotional materials for special events and newsletter.
- Write and distribute event related press releases to local media in collaboration with United Staff.
- Produce news releases, develop and maintain contacts with local media.
- Provide staff support for volunteer committee projects, Board related functions and coordinate the Annual Meeting.
- Input donations and prospects on donor management system.
- Production of appropriate thank you letters.
- Production of solicitation letters and campaigns.
- Coordinate and train special events volunteers and interns.
- Interface with accounting regarding deposits of donations.
- Track event income and expenses.
- Attend administrative meetings, Fund Development meetings and other assigned meetings
- Assist with all United duties.
- Assist with anything deemed necessary by the CEO.
- Donor Base Management Direct improved tracking and cultivation of donors. Develop, supervise, and track the computer input of prospect lists.
- Identify potential donors and develop a networking system by setting-up meetings, tours of United Boys & Girls Clubs and facilities and inviting them to our special events.
- Assist the Chief Executive Director and Endowment Committee in applying for foundation grants, and seeking out donors as requested.
- Maintain membership with the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An individual must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software; Donor Date Base Program.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
CPR and First Aid
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
UBGC is an equal opportunity employer.
For additional information on this opportunity, please contact:
Chief Executive Officer