Donor Relations "Major Gifts" OfficerCompany: Casa Pacifica Centers for Children and Families
Date Posted: September 1, 2017
POSITION TITLE: Donor Relations "Major Gifts" Officer
DEPARTMENT: Development and Public Relations Department
REPORTS TO: Director of Development & Public Relations
STATUS: Full Time-Exempt
- Purpose of Donor Relations Officer
The Donor Relations Officer assumes a key role in the strategic development of major gift activities including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects and donors. This positon works closely with the Director of Development and Public Relations, Chief Executive Officer to secure funds for the organization by managing a group of assigned, qualified donors (caseload) assuring that as many as possible are retained as continuing donors to the organization and are upgraded in their giving and involvement.
Benefits of this position
The benefit of this position will be the satisfaction of helping donors fulfill their passions and interests through their giving to Casa Pacifica Centers for Children and Families.
1. Will establish and maintain a donor cultivation cycle and gift stewardship program to ensure new major donors are developed, have the opportunities to increase their level of support annually, and maintain a close relationship with the organization.
2. Will qualify a group of caseload donors.
3. Will create individual goals for each person on his or her caseload based on the donor's history of giving and the organization's knowledge of that donor's potential.
4. Will create a plan for each donor that will serve as a foundational communication and marketing plan for each person on the caseload. Will faithfully and on a timely basis execute that plan so individuals on the caseload are retained and upgraded.
5. Will work with program managers to secure appropriate project information, including budgets, and create offers, proposals and asks that will be used with persons on the caseload to secure gifts.
6. Will prepare written materials, including correspondence, solicitation materials, acknowledgements, and regular communications as part of the stewardship program.
7. Will create monthly reports as required by management that accurately reflect caseload activity and performance.
8. Will perform other major donor activities as required.
1. Ability to qualify caseload donors that represent the highest giving potential for the organization.
2. Ability to create reasonable financial goals for each donor, which is based on the donor's giving and the potential.
3. Ability to create a personal contact and ask plan that takes into account the individual donor's interest, motivations, giving patterns and ask preferences, for each donor on his or her caseload, in a timely and cost-effective manner, and retains and upgrades donors.
4. Ability to secure project and organization information and create and write effective offers, proposals and asks. Ability to secure information that can be sent back to donors to report on how their money was used.
5. Ability to create timely reports that reflect caseload and major gifts performance.
6. Ability to manage people, process, deadlines and budget while adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization and ability to get along with peers, subordinates and management and maintain a positive and constructive attitude while solving problems. Ability to protect the mission, goals and values of the organization.
1. Bachelor's Degree required; advanced degree or fundraising-related certifications is highly desirable.
2. Five to seven years of successful experience in major gift fundraising.
3. Thorough knowledge and understanding of all areas of development including annual giving, major, and planned giving.
4. Must adhere to the highest ethical standards and "best practices" of fundraising.
5. Highly motivated to set and achieve goals.
6. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member.
7. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, personal and written communications skills.
8. Knowledge of MS Office Suite, and Raiser Edge preferred.
9. Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
Submission of a cover letter required with resume. Email firstname.lastname@example.org