Annual Giving Coordinator/Database SpecialistCompany: Visiting Nurse and Hospice Care
Date Posted: October 11, 2017
Visiting Nurse & Hospice Care is the leading home health and hospice provider in the Santa Barbara area, meeting the changing healthcare needs of our community since 1908.
Our mission is to provide high quality home health, hospice and related services to promote the health and well-being of all community residents including those unable to pay. As we grow and enhance our services, we are looking for top-quality individuals to help continue our legacy of excellence and our commitment to the community.
We are currently offering exciting opportunities to become a part of our committed team of skilled professionals in beautiful Santa Barbara County.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Annual Giving Coordinator is responsible for gift processing, Foundation office coordination and reporting, supports functions to enhance donor relations, growing the donor base, renewing and upgrading annual, unrestricted donor support, and strengthening relationships with current annual donors. The Coordinator maintains a record of testimonials and stories for communications and solicitations, supports content for direct mail and electronic fundraising, other responsibilities and duties as requested.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates compassion by understanding the needs of those he/she serves and does all he/she can to meet those needs with kindness and generosity.
- Demonstrates integrity by maintaining high ethical standards, being open and honest with his/her words and actions, and having the courage always to do the right thing.
- Demonstrates teamwork by committing to working together toward success. The strength of the team is in each individual member and the strength of each member is in the team.
- Demonstrates excellence by striving to be the best in everything he/she does.
- Provide daily oversight of the Foundation’s database (Donor Perfect), which tracks gift/financial and biographical information on friends, and donors;Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the data, including input and output, and technology management;
- Provides support to staff by assisting with creation of reports and mailing lists, developing and implementing database policies and procedures, and serving as the liaison with accounting and IT;
- Develop and maintain efficient systems for data cleansing, data entry, gift processing, prospect research, and relationship coordination;
- Coordinates event registration in database and provides lead assistance for day-of registration;
- Coordinate and plan for future data conversions/upgrades as needed;
- Supports annual appeal program, including strategies to incorporate e-campaigns, giving societies, employee giving program, new donors, and increasing average gift amounts;
- Work closely with the Donor Engagement & Stewardship Manager and Foundation Executive Director to develop fundraising strategies and integrate with Agency-wide initiatives;
- Supports planning and implementation of multiple direct mail appeals annually, with a high degree of customization and emotional appeal. Work with Donor Engagement & Stewardship Manager and appropriate marketing staff on theme and artistic concept;
- Maintain inventory of printed materials and office supplies for the Foundation;
- Organize and maintain Foundation files – written and digital.
The ideal candidate:
- Is passionate about the mission of the organization;
- Is creative and skilled in design and execution of effective communications;
- Has experience in accounting systems and/or financial fundamentals;
- Has excellent computer skills, including strong competency with Microsoft Office Suite (advanced experience with Word and Excel), Google Suite, and at least one database program (experience with Donor Perfect is highly desirable);
- Is a self-starter who is highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Uses independent judgment to produce a quality work product within tight deadlines;
- Has high professional standards, and communicates with diplomacy and tact;
- Has ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve department goals;
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Is a team player who enjoys working collaboratively with others;
- Is able to juggle a variety of tasks, clearly defining priorities, and manage time efficiently;
- Has a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) with three years of experience in development office administration; and
- Is a licensed driver with insured automobile - in accordance with state and/or organization requirements.