Director of Development and Major GiftsCompany: Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Oxnard and Port Hueneme
Date Posted: October 24, 2017
MAJOR DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
• Assist the CEO in planning the annual budget and resource development plan and strategies to meet and exceed budget goals as approved.
• Provide consistent reporting and communication of activities and performance to goals.
• Ensures accurate accounting of all income and their sources and interfaces with key departments to fulfill statistics and information requests and maintain reporting accuracy.
• Works collaboratively with key management and volunteer staff to cultivate and solicit donors.
• Develop and manage guidelines for Planned and Major Gift campaigns and portfolio and participates in all aspects of the gift cycle including contact, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Maintain a high level of contact with donors with an emphasis on soliciting, upgrading and renewing gifts through diverse forms of stewardship.
• Responsible for the management of the donor base including the effective usage of the donor management program and software.
• Increase sponsorship patronage and visibility of development activities and maintain good relations with all business partners, donors, public and private entities, agencies, volunteers and the community.
• Plan and implement all annual plan solicitations to meet budgeted annual giving projections.
• Develop strategic partnerships and collaborations with local corporations and businesses.
• Provide leadership and direction to the Board of Directors Resource Development committee and works with the committee to develop strategies to initiate and meet resource development goals.
• Develop and implement public relations and marketing campaigns including appeal and thank you letters.
• Manage grant proposals including writing, compiling and submitting grant proposals to funding agencies or foundations for consideration and meet with funding representatives as needed.
• Create and execute tailored proposals, gift requests and presentations for current and prospective donors.
• Design and implement a comprehensive cultivation calendar for donors and prospects.
• Contribute to annual and long-term objectives, strategies and action plans to support the organizations vision, mission and strategic plan.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or similar field of study or CFRE Certification or the equivalent in education and professional work experience .
• A minimum of 7 years’ direct work experience in major or planned gift fundraising, sales and or marketing.
• Experience in developing and sustaining meaningful relationships with major donors, Board members, volunteers, community and business leaders and other stakeholders.
• Demonstrated experience stewarding, prospecting and soliciting donors giving $10,000 or more annually.
• Demonstrated experience in planning and managing a comprehensive campaign.
• Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills and the ability to successfully manage multi-functional or diverse areas.
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written, horizontal and vertical and problem solving skills.
• Computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint).
• Knowledge of accounting principles as they relate to resource development
• Proficient use of social media tools and strong database experience.
• Must be self-motivated, creative, attentive to details and able to perform well in a fast-paced, multi-site workplace.
NOTE: Salary commensurate with experience. All candidates must pass post-offer/pre-employment requirements, including: Criminal Background Check, and Verification of Experience and Education.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org