Director of DevelopmentCompany: African Women Rising
Date Posted: November 11, 2017
About the position:
You will work with our Executive Director, Board members and supporters to build and expand our ability to help thousands of women & girls in Uganda to become self-sufficient:
- In a joint effort with management and the Board of Directors, develop and implement a fundraising plan with annual dollar goals, objectives, and strategies to identify, cultivate, and solicit individual, corporate and foundation gifts required to fund operating programs, capital and endowment needs.
- Manage communications between prospects and AWR. Build relationships with donor prospects; Solicit donations from a wide range of donor prospects and design an effective donor stewardship program.
- Coordinate and support Major Gift solicitations conducted by the Executive Director and Board members.
- Design and Implement social media programs to reach out to new audiences to expand donor base.
- Develop, manage, and execute special events and the identification, and cultivation and solicitation of sponsorships.
- Maintain a donor database and implement gift acceptance and donor recognition policies.
- Manage administrative systems and procedures to track, record, report, acknowledge, and recognize contributions and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all fundraising communications.
- Work with director to support board of directors meetings by producing and distributing board packages, meeting settings & communications.
- Work with outside PR and Marketing agency to develop, update and maintain communications & development materials on digital and traditional media.
- Produce reports on progress of development prospects, pipeline, and revenue projections. Position has P&L responsibility.
- Conduct outreach to local, national, and international organizations to develop prospects, create connections, contacts, speaking engagements and partners for long-term relationships with AWR.
- Successful fundraising experience in a comparable non-profit, corporate or foundation development setting. Major gift fund-development experience highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience managing all aspects of special events.
- Undergraduate degree preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Self-confident, adaptable and able to work collaboratively with and garner the respect of the Board of Directors, staff, a variety of committee leaders, volunteers and donors.
- Knowledge of fundraising software and database functions a plus.
- Proficiency in all MS Office applications including Word and Excel a must, web page management proficiency helpful.
If interested, email your resume along with a cover letter introducing yourself and your abilities, along with salary requirements. FT/PT considered depending upon applicant.
Mail to: Ton@africanwomenrising.org