Volunteer Engagement/Disaster Recovery Manager (Full-Time)Company: United Way of Ventura County
Date Posted: January 1, 2018
The Manager of VolunteerVenturaCounty will work to position the Volunteer Center, a service of United Way Ventura County (UWVC), as the volunteer resource for Ventura County. The Manager plays a key role in supporting the UWVC mission to engage the community and focus resources while improving lives in Ventura County by ensuring the community has access to quality volunteer opportunities. The Manager ensures smooth operations and effective service delivery to the public during a disaster and during the long term recovery period. This is a full-time position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Build the capacity of non-profits to recruit, train and utilize volunteers effectively by:
• Developing strong agency partnerships that ensure easy access to quality volunteer opportunities for individuals, families, and groups throughout Ventura County.
• Facilitating the delivery of technical assistance and training to agency partners on volunteer management best practices.
• Maintaining systems for agencies and the community to interact around volunteerism, particular the www.volunteerventuracounty.org website and database.
• Assuring the success of key Volunteer Center programs including annual Day of Caring.
• Represent UWVC at local and statewide collaboratives, networks, conferences, etc.
Manage the AmeriCorps VIP Program
• Recruit agency partners to host required number of VIP members.
• Outreach, recruit, select and place VIP members with partner agencies.
• Provide training and ongoing support to VIP program agency supervisors.
• Develop and Monitor AmeriCorps budget.
• Work closely with NCOE to implement the program.
Raise the profile of volunteerism in Ventura County by:
• Utilizing various methods to communicate the importance of volunteerism and local service opportunities, particularly as related to activities such as Make a Difference Day, National Volunteer Week, and UW Day of Action.
• Making presentations to community members, agencies, civic groups, businesses, and workplace campaigns as to the function of the Volunteer Center.
• Assisting the United Way Board, through work with the Community Impact Council, in developing appropriate policy and long range plans for the “Volunteer” component of UWVC’s Give.Advocate.Volunteer. community engagement efforts.
• Conducting on-going evaluation of the Volunteer Center program and communicating results to the public.
Mobilize community members to volunteer by:
• Recruiting, training, and supervising volunteers to assist in achieving the goals of the Volunteer Center and its signature projects.
• Facilitating the connection of corporate groups and unaffiliated self-organizing volunteers with quality volunteer opportunities.
• Developing partnerships with schools and institutions of higher education to streamline student access to service opportunities.
• Ensuring UWVC is prepared to stand-up an Emergency Volunteer Center in a time of disaster by 1) developing and maintaining emergency and disaster preparation, response, and recovery plans; 2) maintaining on-going communications with appropriate county representatives; and 3) executing plans in times of emergency situations.
Fundraising & Grant Management
• Work with VP, Community Impact to develop and manage Volunteer Center budget and ensure grant/contract compliance for all funds restricted for use by the Volunteer Center.
• Work with UWVC Community Investment department to develop and solicit program sponsorships.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in social work, business administration, marketing or related discipline.
1. Minimum 2 years experience managing volunteers and/or a volunteer program.
2. Experience working with executive level volunteer decision-makers.
3. Experience with web-based data systems such as Volunteer Solutions.
4. Experience with program development, grant management and marketing
1. Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
2. Ability to interact with diverse audiences including funders, media, government officials, clients, and agencies.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including public speaking.
4. Ability to analyze data and communicate results. Critical thinker.
5. Attention to detail, flexible attitude.
6. Self-directed, strategic thinking skills and creative problem-solving abilities
7. Capacity to work both as a team member and individually.
8. Computer proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
9. Knowledge of the human services system in general and community services in Ventura County.
10. A passion for involving and engaging citizens in community life.
11. Ability to inspire, train and utilize volunteers and support staff.
12. Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
1. Lifting and carrying of materials no more than 40 pounds.
2. Sedentary activity for multiple hours per day.
3. Walking and standing is required.
4. The hands are used regularly to write and type.