Director of Development, Community Memorial Health SystemCompany: Community Memorial Health
Date Posted: February 2, 2018
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and Development, the Director of Development will lead an experienced, motivated and best practices-oriented team with expertise in data management (Raiser’s Edge), Annual Fund, Major Gifts and Events, and oversee the development of expertise in Planned Giving and Foundation and Corporate Relations. This position will be responsible for leveraging the advances made during the Capital Campaign in physician, employee, patient and community giving, sustaining current donors, and broadening the organization’s work with all constituents, including those interested in planned giving and the next generation of donors.
The Director of Development will be located in Ventura and lead a staff of four. In addition, the position will provide leadership as senior staff to the Community Memorial Healthcare Foundation for its committees, meetings and events; and provide counsel to the System’s other foundation, the Ojai Valley Community Foundation, for its fundraising strategies and operational implementation.
- Experienced development professional with a minimum of five years of prior Development experience that includes management of diverse professionals.
- Proven track record of personally raising major gifts of six and seven-figures.
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with CMHS leaders, physicians, staff colleagues, donors and volunteer leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be a superb listener.
- A working director, the successful candidate must have the ability to think strategically, implement operationally, and work independently, while managing and prioritizing multiple assignments.
- Must demonstrate a high level of maturity, integrity, initiative, creativity, accuracy, quality, ethical behavior, confidentiality and discretion.
- An undergraduate degree.
- Prior Development experience in a healthcare setting
- Development knowledge and experience within the Ventura County community
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- In concert with the Vice President of Marketing and Development, define, develop and prioritize short- and long-term fundraising strategies and goals, including sustaining and expanding the base of supporters for the System’s programs and services.
- Oversee the strategy to manage and grow fundraising through Annual Giving, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Foundation/Corporation Relations and Events.
- Develop an annual budget, track performance and ensure that budget goals are met.
- Hire, train, manage, evaluate and retain Development staff, fostering a culture that attracts, educates and motivates the highest quality staff.
- Working closely with Marketing’s Social Media Manager, maximize this strategy for the most effective fundraising.
- Ensure that policies, procedures and practices are implemented within the Development Office to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and ethical standards are met for all transactions.
- Personally identify, cultivate, invite and steward a portfolio of major donors, assisting the Board and Administration as needed for donor invitations.
- Serve as a passionate and compelling spokesperson for CMHS.
- Increase CMHS’s presence in the community to establish and advance support of its mission.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of philanthropic trends through participation in and/or presentations at these meetings and utilizing online resources for continuing education.
- Actively participate in CMHS’s required meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Submit application online at Community Memoiral Health System, Careers, Job Search