Development ManagerCompany: PathPoint
Date Posted: February 12, 2018
PathPoint is seeking a dynamic Development Manager to manage and grow our fundraising initiatives. We're looking for an experienced fundraiser who is passionate about our mission and can effectively share it with the community. This position is based in beautiful downtown Santa Barbara, CA.
Our ideal candidate is...
- A big-picture strategist. You can develop a comprehensive long-term plan for donor cultivation and acquisition.
- A captivating storyteller. You're a wordsmith who can write compelling appeals and grant proposals.
- A skilled diplomat. People like talking to you. You're persuasive and a great listener.
- A problem solver. You thrive on challenges and can offer creative solutions.
- A self-starter. You work well independently and don't wait for your next assignment--you create it.
- Mission-driven. You believe in PathPoint's mission and want to share it with the community.
- Identify capital and program needs for divisions in five counties, and assist with developing fundraising strategy and goals.
- Research funding opportunities, write grant proposals, and process grant awards.
- Develop strategy for donor cultivation and acquisition. Establish and maintain fruitful corporate and community partnerships.
- Collaborate with Community Engagement team on creation of marketing materials, including appeal letters, the annual report, email communications, and brochures.
- Process gifts and maintain donor information in Raiser's Edge.
- Assist in coordinating special initiatives, such as family outreach and volunteerism, and events, such as open houses and celebrations. Enthusiastically represent PathPoint at community events.
- 3+ years' experience in nonprofit fundraising with demonstrated experience in successful grant writing.
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to meet conditions of employment as required by the California Department of Social Services Community Care Licensing Division: pass Live Scan DOJ fingerprint background check, pass tuberculosis screening and basic health screening.
- Valid driver's license with at least 5 years driving history, a satisfactory driving record, and use of a vehicle with current registration and insurance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, such as Communications, Marketing, Business, or Human Services.
- Experience building donor cultivation strategy.
- Experience fundraising in the health and human services field.
- Graphic design skills are a plus.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation based on experience. PathPoint offers a generous benefits package, including medical, vision, dental, and life/AD&D insurance; paid vacation, holidays, and sick time; a wellness program with cash rewards; Section 125 FSA (Flexible Spending Account); a 403(b) tax-sheltered retirement savings plan with employer match; a free Employee Assistance Program; and housing assistance.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply on our website: https://pathpoint.applicantpro.com/jobs/709542-241275.html. Please include a cover letter with your application. Because this position requires strong writing abilities, applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
PathPoint is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in five counties of southern and central California, dedicated to helping individuals with disabilities and disadvantages live a fulfilled and independent life. PathPoint's philosophy celebrates the belief that all individuals, especially those with significant barriers, can achieve self-sufficiency and dignity with tailored support. PathPoint's services are designed to give people the opportunity to create a healthy and fulfilling life in their chosen community. PathPoint does not serve one specific population, but works with individuals with varying backgrounds and skill levels.