Corporate Giving ManagerCompany: Foodbank of Santa Barbara County
Date Posted: March 19, 2018
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Hours: Exempt, occasional weekends and after hour events
Location: Santa Barbara, Foodbank Education Center
JOB FUNCTION- The Corporate Giving Manager is responsible for creating, administering and implementing the organization’s fund development plan to realize corporate fundraising targets in concert with the CDO and Development team. This entails ensuring a growth strategy for the future, organizing outreach efforts and managing relationships with the organization’s new and existing supporters. The Corporate Giving Manager is an integral part of a countywide Development Department.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIE
- Lead corporate fundraising work by developing and implementing a corporate sponsorship strategy that incorporates volunteer opportunities, as well as event sponsorships and non-event recognition opportunities.
- Cultivate, solicit, steward and track a portfolio of 150+ corporate accounts and contacts. Includes collaboration with the Grants Department to submit funding requests.
- Develop and execute annual Corporate Challenge as a strategy for deepening connections to corporations for solicitations at other times of the year.
- Oversee corporate-related campaigns such as Food from the Bar to realize fundraising targets.
- Work with CDO to develop and implement a Planned Giving initiative.
- Review and pursue cause-marketing opportunities that come to us from Feeding America.
- Effectively communicate the organization’s vision and values while representing the organization in a professional manner at outreach events.
- Other duties as assigned or delegated.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from a 4 year college or equivalent experience
- 2- 4 years of fundraising experience in nonprofit field
- Experience in a corporate sales capacity is a plus
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing a multitude of tasks
- Proficient in written and verbal communication skills, including comfort with making presentations
- Ability to work in a team and various departments in an organization; Interact with diplomacy, professionalism and tact amid influential donors and diverse groups
- Knowledge of fundraising profession and best practices with demonstrated track-record of meeting financial goals
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite software and familiarity with Constituent Relationship Management software
Please apply by sending cover letter and resume to Dan Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.